Aretha Louise Franklin was an American singer, songwriter, and pianist. Dubbed the "Queen of Soul", she is regarded as one of the greatest music artists of the 20th century.... Wikipedia
- Born: Aretha Louise Franklin, March 25, 1942, Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
- Died: August 16, 2018, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
- Resting place: Woodlawn Cemetery, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, actress, pianist, civil rights activist, record producer
- Years active: 1960–2017
- Children: 4
- Parent(s): Clarence LaVaughn Franklin, Barbara Siggers Franklin
- Relatives: Erma Franklin (sister), Carolyn Franklin (sister), Cecil Franklin (brother)
- Awards: Full list
- Data source: DuckDuckGo